Sunday, November 6, 2011

Observations Week 3

I made observations this week on November 3rd.

Changes and observations:

I added some distilled water to my MicroAquarium to account for evaporation.

It appeared as though a second food pellet had been added to the tank, and under the microscope, it was swarmed with Aeolosoma and Paramecium, most of which were smaller than previously observed organisms.


Under the microscope, I spotted a greatly increased number of cyclops, aeolosoma, paramecium, and other microorganisms. I also saw some new small organisms not observed in previous weeks, but unidentified.

Aelosoma was especially prevalent around the food pellet, the plant samples, and in the upper level of the substrate.

Some dead organic material sat on the bottom of the tank.

I identified pictures taken from my MicroAquarium of the following:







No comments:

Post a Comment